The Amalfi Coast’s Top 5 Must Do Experiences!
Amalfi is without question one of the most beautiful regions in Italy and a perennial favourite. You will never tire of the breathtaking scenery or the incredible passion for life that you will enjoy with the locals. Yet the Amalfi Coast offers so much and sometimes it is easy to miss those extra special experiences if you don’t know what you are looking for!
Enter our divine ‘go-to guru’ Emily whose passion for Amalfi is unrivalled by anyone I have ever met! She knows this place inside out and has kindly shared her top 5 ‘Amalfi Coast Experiences’ for your reading (and hopefully experiencing) pleasure. So read on, enjoy, dream and plan!
Emily enjoying a little Positano sunshine (lucky girl!)
- Drink a Lemon Spritz in the piazza of Atrani: Atrani is a jewel town along the Amalfi Coast and one of the Coast’s best kept secrets. The small town only has 915 residents and is just a 5 minute walk from Amalfi. Sit in the piazza and order the famous ‘Lemon Spritz’ at one of the local bars. Make sure to interact with the locals, the people are so friendly you will fell like a local in no time!
- Private Pompeii & Tramonti Wine Tour: This is a fabulous day out on the Amalfi Coast and one my guests love. Avoid the sometimes frustrating public transport and take a private car to the Roman ruins of Pompeii. Discover this ancient Roman town during a 2 hour private tour with an English speaking guide. Afterwards your private car transfer will take you back to the Amalfi Coast, to a village called Tramonti, located in the mountains. Here you will visit one of the region’s most famous wineries, enjoy a tour of the winery and lunch with the family whilst tasting their wines.
- Private boat tour to Capri: The best way to appreciate the stunning beauty of the Amalfi Coast is by boat. A private boat tour with a maximum of 12 people, complete with your own skipper, towels and beverages on-board make for a great day out at sea. Cruise past the Amalfi Coastline before heading to the ultra-chic Isle of Capri. Jump off the boat and swim mid-sea before discovering the island, including the famous Blue Grotto.
- Beach day at Da Teresa, Santa Croce Beach: There are so many beach and great restaurant options along the Amalfi Coast, but one of the best experiences has to be Da Teresa at Santa Croce Beach, just a 10 minute boat ride from Amalfi. Da Teresa is a casual restaurant with great local dishes and rents sun beds and umbrellas for their private beach area. Book a sun bed and an umbrella for the day, hit the water then dry off and head to the restaurant for a fabulous sea-food lunch. Make sure to enjoy your food with their famous ‘peaches and wine’ and take the free restaurant boat back to Amalfi when you are done – bliss! (Note: it is normal practice to pay for sun beds and umbrellas on beaches on the Coast).
- Limoncello tour with a cooking class: Lemons are the lifeblood of the Amalfi Coast people, and the lemons grown here are nothing like you have seen or tasted anywhere in the world. Take a tour of a local family’s limoncello factory and lemon grove before cooking up a storm in a unique setting overlooking the lemon groves and Amalfi. Learn how to prepare local dishes, all using the famous Amalfi Coast lemon before enjoying a lunch of your creations – the lemon dessert is to die for! Naturally, you end your day with a glass (or two!) of the family’s limoncello.
So there you have it – how can you resist such a beautiful destination and such amazing experiences! Thank you to Emily for her lovely contribution. She splits her time between Australia and Amalfi, discovering the very best on offer to share with those lucky enough to spend time in this beautiful area – which is great for us!
Talk again soon and have a wonderful day!
Emily Tassone is Founder/Managing Director of Avanti Italy, and we love her!!!!