Five French Must Dos
There is something truly magical about Paris. Its all-encompassing charm, rolling vineyards, elegantly dressed people, gastronomic delights and champagne bubbles offer an abundance of unique travel experiences just waiting to be discovered.
For those Divas eager to visit the French capital I’ve put together five of my favourite must-do experiences – albeit there are soo many more!
- Eat at La Tour D’Argent in Paris. This famous restaurant has been around since the 1500’s and is fabulous and the list of diners is amazing. The view over Notre Dame is extraordinary.
- Visit Versaille with a private guide – you avoid the tourist queues and you will gain a far better understanding of Marie-Antoinette, Louis and the whole Versaille history. For example, did you know this is where the cocktail party originated?
- A visit to Champagne is a must – self-explanatory! Try and get into the houses that are not so well visited, such as my favourite Billecart Salmon – It is beautiful and of course the champagne is to die for! Also the influence of women on this region in the past and into today is so interesting and should be explored – so again a good private tour is necessary!
- Eat a picnic under the Eiffel Tower in the summer, with a bottle of French Bubbles, baguettes, divine cheese and of course a lovely French Tartin! Then treat yourself to a glass of Champagne at the Four Seasons George V on Avenue Georges V or at Fouquets on the Champs Elysee. Totally touristy but the people watching is so much fun!
- A Diva needs to shop. A private VIP shopping experience that takes you from couture to the every day, and shows you how to dress in the Parisian style is a must and something we always encourage! I strongly recommend the Marais district, full of little boutiques and quirky, good shopping.
There is so much more – but let’s save that for next time!
Inspired to visit France? Stay tuned for the launch of our French Frocks & French Bubbles tour.
Chief Diva, Andrea xo